Formula Fun Foamies
Dimensions: 6'4" x 20" x 3.25" Volume: 41 Liters Weight: 8lbs
- The 6'4" Zippers is a Formula Fun crew favorite. The throw back single fin design with a squash tail and rounded nose makes it a fun all around board and the 41 Liters of volume makes it a breeze to catch waves. The design allows the board to be fun on small knee to waist high days as well on pumping overhead swells. Only fun times to come when riding this one!
Made in USA
- We manufacture our boards at the Marko Foam factory in Salt Lake City, Utah and have a distribution point in Huntington Beach, California. This allows us to have full control over our boards and guarantee they are made with the highest quality materials.
Made with Recyclable Materials
- We make our boards in a sustainable way with recyclable materials. If you’d like to learn more please check out our Board Recycling Loyalty Program.
Durable, Waterproof and nearly indestructible Foam (no resin needed)
- Our boards are made as a solid piece of copolymer foam that is completely waterproof. This makes for a very durable board that if dinged won’t absorb water and is nearly impossible to break!
Molded Stringer System
- Our stringer system is custom made for each board out of the same wood used in surfboards. They are molded into the board to add stiffness and strength while helping increase the performance!
Wax-Free Deck Pad
- Our EVA deckpad makes for a comfortable paddling experience. The brushed finish makes it a slip free surface meaning no wax necessary. This allows you to keep your board in the car or sun without a need to worry about the mess of melting wax.
- The single fin setup includes a 7.25” performance fin.
I got this board as a birthday present for my wife and she loves it because it is so light and buoyant. She says it has almost as much float as her hard-top long boards at a fraction of the weight, and doesn't need wax so it takes less effort overall to just get out there and have fun.
I wanted a board that could take a beating in close out beach break here in LA (so I can repair my PU boards less). But I also didn’t want to spend the big bucks on a Catch Surf. After surfing the Zippers I can say that it delivered! I’m 5’10, 155 lbs and I’ve been surfing for two years. I used to own a 6’ Catch Surf Plank and I’d take the Zipper over it any day. Even though there is less volume it paddles better (because the rail line is straighter, maybe) and feels closer to a PU board under feet. It was fun to kick down and ride into close outs without worrying about a ding to my board or my head, haha. I was skeptical when it arrived. The exposed foam made it appear to be flimsy, plus it’s pretty light, but once I got it out in the water it came to life and felt strong. The only feedback I have right now is that I’d like a single fin box to play with fin position and swap out fins. Thanks for this super fun board!!